Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of ads are posted by honest people and trust. So you can do excellent business. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules following to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Mobile Money, Bank or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products without meeting the person.
- Do not accept checks.
- Ask about the person you're dealing with from another, confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (Sms, ads, whatsapp, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this it is fraud. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is demanded through Mobile Money, Bank or check.
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.